Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Salam Pax is back!

And he has been since mid-January. Back to being a blogger from Baghdad, and back in full, with archives from the beginning in late 2002.

Who knew? In a bit of bloggy serendipity, I found out about the return in my first visit to Needlenose in almost a year.

I alternate between hope and dread in thinking about the results of the Iraqi provincial elections, and in thinking about Iraq generally. Being able to read Salam's reflections from on the scene makes the news more approachable. It also deepens the feeling of circles closing, new eras beginning -- but with a strong undercurrent of sadness at the unchangingness of so much.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, February 10, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

"... my first visit to Needlenose in almost a year..."

I'm trying to remember if you missed anything...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home